May 13, 2009 APCO/NENA Chapter Meeting
Pledge: led by Jim Eggeman Columbus PD
Secretary report: none
Treasurer Report: Checking 3269.91 savings 5699.70...Bo Keck made motion to accept, Mike Cullums 2nd, motion carried
NENA National update: Dr. Bob Cobb
* Annual Conference June 8-11 Ft Worth TX - registrations are down compared to past conferences
* ENP Certification: 50 people in April. Next is July/August, June is registration deadline
* Just launched Webinars...had 2 so far very successful
* NG partner program with 50 companies/organizations fee based membership
* NENA has entered a relationship with Counties of Southern IL regarding NG
State 9-1-1 Coordinator Shawn Smith---not in attendance
District 1-none-Brad Brubaker
District 2-none-Ron Bien
District 3-none-Bob Emmons
District 4-Mike Cullums advised that Monroe County Cut over June 1, Meigs County stalled for now with Verizon
Conference Committee: Rose thanked everyone who was involved. Currently looking at dates in 2011. Kim thanked Rose for all of her work and dedication.
Training Committee: We have discussed venue change for November, nothing certain at this point
Gold Star: 1st mailer within the next week or so. No location has been chosen for the stand alone luncheon yet for 2010.
TERT Committee: no report
Good of the Order: Thanks to Sound Communications and Emergitech for displaying in the vendor area.
Lunch Provided by Ohio APCO/NENA.
Sound Communications out of Grove City providing a free seminar on Digital Video Surveillance, June 25 @ Pinnacle Golf Course in Grove City. Free registration at www.soundcommunication.com
NENA will host NG Educational Session Sept 8 at the hotel.
Next Meeting September 9, 2009
Sue Williams made a motion to adjourn 2nd by Jay Sommerville. Motion Carried
Minutes Respectively Submitted
Rose Chambers, Vice President
Ohio NENA Chapter